Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sonakshi's Journey From "Fat To Fit"

Sonakshi sinha says the journey of her weight loss has been an emotional one.




Given that you were far removed from fitness, what motivated
you to finally embark on your weight-loss mission?


I had been built on the heavier side right from my childhood. During
my growing up years, things got only worse. I hated
going to the
gym, hated every kind of physical activity and
survived on junk.
I turned a deaf ear to my mom every time
she reminded me about
my expanding waistline. In fact, as
an act of rebellion, I would
gorge all the more those very days.
While mom was concerned
about the way I looked, dad was
more concerned about my
physical health. But nothing mattered.


I loved my sedentary lifestyle, I loved my food and made every
possible excuse to not exercise. Then suddenly, I found my mom
had stopped nagging me completely. While it felt great initially,
but I gradually found something missing. My conscience started
pricking me. This was around the same time when I was finishing
my fashion designing course.

In the meantime, Salman(Khan) too had dropped by a couple of
times asking me to lose weight and give films a serious thought.
Finally, I woke up one fine morning and decided enough was enough.
I just had to shut people up from nagging me about my weight all
the time.

No comments: